Wednesday, October 29, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!



So we found out a couple weeks ago that we are going to have a baby girl and we couldn't be happier. My entire first trimester Brian would refer to the baby as if she were a he. I told him he shouldn't call the baby a he because it might be a girl, and now we see that I was right.

Throughout the pregnancy, I was trying so hard not to care if it was a boy or girl so that when I found out, I wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't get what I was wanting. So when I found out I was having a girl, I started becoming very excited because I realized I get to play dress up, ponys, barbies, etc. all over again with my daughter. I get to vicariously relive parts of my childhood! We are going to have so much fun!

All along Brian has been saying that he wanted it to be a boy, and so, naturally, I assumed that he was disappointed. But, to my surprise, he told me that he secretly was hoping for a girl. Plus, everyone kept telling him how much fun girls are and how special the whole daddy-daughter bond is and so he is just as excited as I am. And this (above) is Brian's favorite outfit for the baby so far--my mom got it for us a week or so ago.

So this is one of the baby blankets my mom made me. Isn't it just so adorable! The whole back side is made out of the same fabric as the border--Super soft and silky pale pink. The baby is going to love it! Thanks, MOM!!!


Yes, we have already started acquiring our baby's wardrobe. Girl clothes are just so much fun to shop for!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Yeay for a girl! So glad to see your blog... I haven't seen it yet, I don't think?!?! We have a lot to catch up on... I'm sorry it's been so long! You look so happy and cute with your baby bump! P.S. you were the last person I played barbies with so I remember it well. Your daughter is lucky. She will have a great time. Miss you!

TIFF said...

Congrats!! Girls are so much fun, and yes, you will live vicariously thru her! Also, there is a certain bond that daughters have with their fathers. They are easily wrapped around their finger. You are right, girl clothes are so much fun to shop for, it can get you in trouble though!!! Anyway, I'm so happy for you guys.

Sharie McCraney said...

We can't wait to have a new cousin! I can already picture her in that first outfit, and the blanket is so beautiful.

Michelle said...

Hi Brian, this is Michelle Goold. I just happened upon your blog and saw you're having a baby and a baby GIRL! Just wanted to tell you how exciting that news is! Our first was a girl and seriously, pink is so much fun!! We just had our third baby a few months ago... we now have one girl and two boys. We don't have many boys in the Goold family! There are only 3 grandboys and I have 2 of them :) You take beautiful pictures and you and your wife are so cute! I still think of you as the little boy running around with Jeff! Now you're going to be a dad!

Luisa said...

Congrats Heather! That will be so much fun...the clothes for girls are just too cute!

Sandy said...

That will make 6 boys and 5 girls for the Norton cousins. We needed that girl to help even things out!

Alli said...

I have to admit that I voted "boy" on your blog, but I am so excited. I hope I have a girl someday too. I also heard that a mother's intuition is usually right about a baby's gender :).

Anonymous said...

How exciting this will be. One place you will love to shop for baby clothes is the "Children's Orchard" you can buy them new or used and you pay less than $10 for most of them. There is one in Fountain Valley on Brookhurst. I go there once a month or so. I am sure she is going to get her stunning looks from her mom.

cyclinggrandmother/Gilly said...

I am so excited to be her grandmother Norton. She will be the first grandchild to carry the Norton name, that is special. What a thrill for us to have another little girl in the family. She will be beautiful like all the other grandchildren. She is a Norton, couldn't help but be beautiful.

Christy Ivory said...

Hey Heather,
I love the blanket!!! I remember how great it was to shop for the girl clothes... Your little girl is going to be so cute. We can't wait... How is everything? Work, pregnancy, etc.... Glad you took over the blog, now we can chat.
Talk to you later, Christy

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I am SO excited for you guys! Girls are WAY fun, and she is going to be so stylish with you as her mommy! Not to mention, your parents are going to spoil her ROTTEN!! It's fun to have the first girl! And grandchild all together, but I have to admit, John and his girls have this cute little bond that is all theirs! Brian is going to love it! She is going to be one well photographed baby! CONGRATS!!!

Rodney said...

BABY GIRL! That is fantastic. I just knew it had to be a girl. After all, both of you are so use to being around girls. So now, doesn't that make you feel more comfortable?
Heather - you look FANTASTIC. And the baby quilt from your mom looks heavenly.
WE the Allen's couldn't be happier for you both.
Much Love Aunt Bobbi