Sunday, October 5, 2008

FINALLY THE 2ND TRIMESTER!


Here you can see my little baby bump. I am 18weeks or 4 1/2 months already. The baby is about 8 inches long now and weighs 8 ounces more or less. They have changed my due date to March 8th because of how big the baby is already. I was pretty stoked to have my due date moved up! The morning sickness is pretty much all the way gone. I still get a little queezy if I don't eat in time which seems to happen a few times a day since the baby gets hungry a lot faster than I do. Yes, I've decided that when I get queezy, it is the baby telling me he or she is hungry--since the nausea goes away once I have eaten something with some substance. I say substance because the baby does not like it if I try to get away with just eating a few crackers and juice, for example. Lately, I've been craving egg salad sandwiches on toast, juice, cereal, and sloppy joes. I've found that I have even more food aversions--salsa, onions, garlic, all greek food, or anything with a strong flavor. It seems that most everything I loved before I was pregnant just tastes okay now. This tends to get pretty annoying because I turn to my old favorites a lot only to be disappointed. Hopefully, after I deliver the baby my taste buds will change back to the way they were.
It is so weird having a growing belly! And it is even weirder to think that this is only the tip of the ice berg. Judging by how big I already am, I'll probably be enormous by the time I deliver!

Brian having fun with the leaves

Jumping around at the park :)

Another baby bump pic

Brian standing in front of a huge cactus. So handsome!

More fun with the leaves. Yay for Fall!

Our first ultasound--12 weeks. So cute!

And this is the baby at 15 1/2 weeks. Brian and I thought this was a little scary. Obviously, in real life the baby will be a lot cuter. :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love reading up on your new addition to your family. A growing family is always a happy one! I can't say that I've had the same feeling Heather but good luck with it all. One of these days you will look back at all your different craving with each child and just laugh. Remember your craving could of been really wierd and off. Gosh, you look so cute with (Junior) in there.

Sharie McCraney said...

Great post! We are so excited. The second Trimester was the best for me. I had much more energy.It went by fast though. 3rd creeps up on you.

I got all my taste buds back the second the baby came out. The best part about labor (besides seeing the baby) is the food right after the delivery and the great drink they give you.

I like the picture of the growing baby.

Will and Heidi said...

Heather! You look so good and happy! Those are great pictures. Thanks for the updates.

Sandy said...

YAY! I've been waiting for pics of Heather. You look, awesome, Heather. Remember that advice I gave you about carrying food around with you- it definitely helps to ALWAYS have food around.

Alli said...

What a cute little bump! I love your hair too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys! It was SO great to see you (meet you Brian :) You look gorgeous Heather, and I can't wait to find out what it is! What a fun way to document all the exciting news!!!

Alison said...

Pretty cute! You are both so photogenic!

TIFF said...

Brian, it's so much fun to see pictures of you and your beautiful wife. How come pregnant ladies always look so great, but never think they look great?! I was definitely one of those ladies! Anyway glad to see you on here, another way we can keep in touch!

The Dillinghams said...

heather, I think you look great! You are not big at all. Congratulations, I can't wait to see pictures of the baby in March.

Christy Ivory said...

Bri,
I was just looking at your pict's again and noticed something very cool. The picture where Heather is throwing up the leaves, I love that the backround is blury and the leaves are very vivid. The pictures are just cool. I know I already said that. Just an observation.

cyclinggrandmother/Gilly said...

Heather your little baby bump is so cute. I love it. I can't wait to be grandma Norton to our first little Norton girl. I know she is going to be beautiful, just look at the two of you. You are a doll Heather. (I hope you understand what that means, it's an old time saying.)

Christy Ivory said...

You must be kidding right??? It is very apparent that your are the one with the now how on photography..... I'm the one that is trying to aspire to your level., and not even close.
Thanks for the compliment. That is really nice.
How is school. Answer when you have time. I know you are very short on time lately.
Love you Bri. Tell Heather I said Hi. Are you the one doing the blog or is Heather taking over? I noticed the last post entry was from her. Love you guys, Christy