Monday, August 25, 2008

Can you believe it?

Well we can finally let the cat out of the bag. We have been keeping a secret for the last several weeks. We told my family last week and are now allowed to tell all. WE ARE HAVING A BABY! YAY! We are so excited for this exciting chapter in our lives. Heather is about 3 months along and is going in for her first checkup next week so we will find out really how far along she is. Before we bought the pregnancy test Heather was saying that her stomach was feeling weird, not really expecting the test to show positive we were both shocked when we peaked. I wish all could have seen the looks on our faces. We were definitely surprised. We are so happy and cant wait. If anyone has any tips for us please comment. We need all the help we can get.



7 comments:

Christy Ivory said...

Really cute pict's Heather.
Are you sure you want everyones advice?? You guys are brave.
If you have any questions Heather, you can ask me. Someone once gave me advice to get a nail file and rub it on your nipples to brake them in. I have to say, I didn't take that advice.
Love you guys,
Christy

cyclinggrandmother/Gilly said...

Wow Heather, I don't know if you want to take Christy's advice or not. I wouldn't do that. I was just advised to pull on them to brake them in. Well, have fun. We are so glad and so happy.

Sharie McCraney said...

You guys are sick ( in a gross way!). I'm not sure that's the advice she was looking for. I think she wants advice like...suck on ginger to help with the morning sickness or sleep with a pillow under your stomach. You'll get a much better sleep.

Will and Heidi said...

Heather! Hey congratulations! I'm excited for you. I don't have any pregnancy advice for you, but I am very happy to hear that news!

Sandy said...

I second Sharie's comment-you guys are sick!!! Way to scare the poor girl! My adivce is- always carry a sack of food around with you. That always saved the day when I didn't feel good. And, always take advantage of the opportunity to nap- the dishes can wait!

Congratulaions to both of you! You'll be great parents!

Anonymous said...

Congraduations! We are so excited for the two of you. Let's see as far as advice don't worry about that right now. Enjoy the pregnancy part or don't think about it.

Rodney said...

Fabulous News!!!!
The Allen family is also very happy for you and are excited for the wonderful news.
No Advise, just enjoy the experience. It's well worth it.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Keep us posted